General Manager of Europe
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Citcon provides in-store, online, and mobile payment solutions for thousands of the biggest brands worldwide including Nordstrom, Samsonite, Macy’s, MGM Resorts, Bloomingdale’s, Hyatt, L’Oréal, and many others.
Our platform helps more than 10,000 global merchants securely process millions of payment transactions daily. In essence, Citcon is a leading payment gateway solution that helps consumers pay for their products and services anywhere, anytime.
General Manager of Europe plays the leadership role of CITCON’s business in the region including UK, France, Italy and other major European markets. The role reports directly to CITCON’s COO and President.
- Own P&L of European Business Unit and achieve annual corporate targets
- Develop and execute Go-To-Market strategy, including business development, client growth management and sales operations
- Hire and build a strong local cross functional team to drive its business growth
- Set up CITCON’s business entity and secure relevant regulatory license
- Identify, develop and engage critical technology acceptance and banking partnerships to support its Go-To-Market strategy
- Work closely with corporate jeadquarter for finance and HR management in European regions
Required Experiences and Skills
- 10+ years of payments or relevant industry experience focused on the merchant acquiring and processing sectors of the business in Europe
- 5+ years in leadership role with strong experience in business development and operations
- Deep understanding of payment industry technical ecology and companies who operate in the space or are potential new entrants
- Self-motivated, proactive problem solver, strong capability to operate independently, fast learner and result-driven
- Efficient communicator and strong team player
- Demonstrated ability to be able to wear multiple hats and passionate about “start-up”
- Knowledge of global payment environment not just Europe
- Payment experience in both Credit Cards and alternative payment methods
- Past experience with both startups and established companies